We truly believe in the work we do to support Western Australians living with MS and all neurological conditions. The more funds we raise, the more people we can help and the more lives we can change! We are here to help, and share the knowledge and tips we have gathered over the years, to help you raise vital funds for this year's event.
Fundraising for the Shadforth Financial Group Step Up for MSWA can be rewarding and fun! Here are a few ways that you get started:
- Climb on behalf of a family member or friend who has a neurological condition: If you have a family member or friend who has a neurological condition, show your support for them by officially climbing on their behalf. You can personalise your fundraising page to let people know why're your climbing, and you can also get your family member or friend to help with your fundraising!
- Matching donations dollar for dollar: Many companies budget for charitable donations and have matched funding schemes to support worthwhile causes and their employees. If you need help with this, please contact us and we can help you with this process and provide any necessary supporting documents that your company may need. You can also download a Matched Giving Letter here.
- Get social! Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) is an amazing tool - it's quick, easy and a great way to spread the word about your climb and what you're fundraising for.
- Take it offline: Some of your friends and family may not have access to the internet, but don't let that stop you asking for their support. Download our Sponsorship Tally Form and keep track of all your supporters. Then, upload the information and funds into your fundraising hub as offline donations.
- Lead by example and sponsor yourself: people who sponsor themselves end up raising 2.5 times as much!
- Have fun: Step Up for MSWA is a fun event so fundraising should be too. Once you have registered, you can personalise your fundraising page by adding photos, posting progress reports on your training program, viewing notes from your sponsors and using the email templates to encourage donations from your friends and colleagues. There are even links to Facebook and Twitter so you can easily connect with your friends and ask for their support.
If you're really looking to get creative with your fundraising, you can also check out the below fundraising download documents:
If you would like to learn more about MSWA, or would like some additional fundraising ideas, just give the MSWA Events Team a call on (08) 6454 3131 or send us an email.