Shadforth Financial Group Step Up for MSWA
The Shadforth Financial Group Step Up for MSWA will take place on Sunday, 30 June 2019 at Perth's tallest building, Central Park. Join this unique event and feel the reward and exhilaration of climbing 1,103 steps to the top of Central Park, whilst knowing you have helped make a difference to the thousands of Western Australians living with MS and all neurological conditions.
In 2018, over $201,000 was raised to help people living with MS and all neurological conditions thanks to all of our amazing participants and their very generous sponsors. And, in 2019, we're hoping to exceed this amount and raise even more for MSWA!
You can participate in the event as an individual, or enter as a team alongside family members, friends and colleagues.
Date: Sunday, 30 June 2019
Location: Central Park Tower, St Georges Terrace, Perth
Time: from 8.00am onwards (your wave time will be pre-allocated and sent to you before the event)
Categories: Individuals or teams
Race packs: Collect your race bib from the registration desk on the day (your race bib includes your timing chip).
- One Up (ages 12+) - 1,103 stairs/53 flights
- Double Up (ages 18+) - 2,206 stairs/106 flights
- Mini Climb (ages 6+) - 435 stairs/20 flights
Online registrations will close at midnight on Wednesday, 26 June. You will be able to register on the day for the One Up and Mini Climb challenges - however, limited spots are available. All Double Up participants must register online prior to Wednesday, 26 June - there will be no Double Up registrations accepted on event day.
For pricing, please head to the Registration Fees page.
Before the Climb
- The registration desk opens at 7.00am on the day of the event.
- Please check in at least 30 minutes before your race time to collect your race bib and timing chip and to allow sufficient time if you are cloaking your belongings.
- Your timing chip will be attached to the back of your race bib. Please do not bend or remove your timing chip as this may cause an issue with your timing result. Your timing chip is disposable and does not need to be handed back at the end of the race. Please ensure you wear your race bib on the front of your shirt/singlet throughout the event.
- Once checked in, you will be directed to the marshalling area. You must be at the marshal area at least 10 minutes before your allocated race time.
- A cloaking area will be available. We suggest that you bring along only what you need – water, a jacket for after the climb, and a small amount of food. If you bring extra items, we can look after them in our cloaking area. All care will be taken but we accept no responsibility for lost or damaged items. Cloaking is at your own risk.
- A first aid post will be located on the ground floor, please ask one of our many volunteers for directions.
What to bring
- A cheer squad! There’ll be plenty of great activities on the day including kids activities and a big screen on the ground floor so your supporters can watch you cross the finish line and cheer you on.
- Please bring any money raised offline to the main MSWA marquee. If you require a receipt, please ensure you bring these details with you – full name, amount and address. We’ll take care of the rest.
- If you have asthma, please don’t forget to bring your puffer with you.
Note: Water will be available on the ground floor, and at the finish line (no water bottles are allowed in the stairwell).
During the Climb
- Participants, in groups of 8-12, will enter the stairwell in 2 minute intervals (not stampede style).
- Double Up competitors will be given an 8.00am and a 9.00am start time. Both of these starts will be stampede style.
- Floor marshals will be posted on every fourth floor. If you find yourself in difficulty, please make yourself known to them and they will call first aid to assist you.
- For safety reasons, participants are not permitted to wear headphones/ipods during the climb as you need to be able to hear other participants passing you.
- Water bottles are not permitted in the stairwell.
- You will finish the race on the roof where you will be welcomed across the line and presented with your medal
After the Climb
- Water will be available at the finish line, but don’t forget to pick up your FREE bottle of water and FREE fruit as you exit the building on the ground floor.